(also known as Data Security, Tech Risk Management & Safety for Consumers & REALTORS)
As part of your professional duties as a REALTOR® you are charged with collecting and storing vital information from your customers/consumers. You also are encouraged to use many technology tools and online resources that open you and your clients up to the risk of viruses, malware, social engineering, identity theft and more. Plus there are many laws, policies and general etiquette items that have to be addressed. This session is intended to help today’s REALTOR® steer themselves and their clients’ through the perilous legal, online and social media world, plus personal and computer safety tips.
Direct Learning Objectives
- Understand what Viruses & Malware are and how they can infect your computer devices
- Identify techniques to encrypt your data and avoid getting viruses & malware.
- Understand the state & federal laws as well as NAR policies that impact them and develop an action plan to ensure they are doing them properly in their business practices.
- Understand the terms & dangers of copyright infringement, safe harbor and identify copyright safe sources.
- Understand the impact & importance of using proper online etiquette and how to handle conflict online.
- Identify the proper tools and techniques to keep you and your computer devices safe.
What are Computer Viruses & Malware
How to Get & Avoid Viruses/Malware
- Non-Comprehensive Anti-Virus Protection
- Weak/Outdated (non-patched) programs
- Weak or Repeated Passwords
- Social Engineering
- Phishing Techniques
Securing Your Data
- Network Security
- Educating Yourself/Every Member of Your Team
- E-Mail Security Tips
- Internet Security Tips
- Computer Security Tips
- Cloud Solution Tips Security Tips
- Personal Security Tips
Digital Communication Etiquette 101
- Do’s & Don’ts of Online/Digital Communication
- Do’s & Don’ts of Social Media & Blogging
- Managing Your Online Reputation
- Overview of State & Federal Laws
- Display requirements in communications & marketing vehicles
- Display requirements on your website & social media
- Fair Housing & ADA
- Can Spam & Junk Fax Prevention Acts
- Electronic Signatures – Uniform Electronic Transaction Act
- IDX Display
- Social Media & Short Messaging Exception Policy
- Code of Ethics (Articles 9, 12, 14 & 15)
- Copyright Infringement
- Understanding Copyright Infringement & Safe Harbor
- Safe Sources for Online Imagery/Content
- Internet & Social Media Policy
- Why your company needs one
- How to create a corporate policy